Friday, August 01, 2008

Web 2.0.....

I've spent a good bit of time this summer catching up on reading some journal articles and perusing some blogs that I never got around to during the school year. I have been paying lots of attention to the Web 2.0 articles to find ways that I might effectively incorporate some 2.0 technology into my school. My questions are: Who has already been using web 2.0 technologies succesfully? What types of things are you doing? Are you the one leading the Web 2.0 bandwagon at your school or are there teachers out there working with you?

Any thoughts.........

1 comment:

BettyJordan said...

Last year the health teacher and I attempted some podcasts on health issues. This year I plan to have the morning news crew produce a weekly podcast of announcements so parents will know what is going on, since middle school kids tend to not share info like that at home. I have had little response to my blog that I set up about 3 years ago but since I changed the design and added some items on the lay-out I have already had a student of ours find it and correspond with me. She even made up her own Shelfari bookshelf and told me about it. http://www.sullivanbookblog.blogspot.com. My new principal is doing a weekly podcast and is really big on student blogging. I believe this is the year it will happen. I plan to provide "teasers" to the faculty after school about once every 2 weeks and see where that leads. Right now we are considering several safe student blogging sites and need to decide which one to go with. I would like to know if anyone has had a good or bad experience with any of the following: epals, blogmeister, imbee, etc. Any suggestions on which to go with?